A hardy perennial best known for its association with coffee, chicory produces a more 'roasted' flavor, with no caffeine. Some coffees offer blends with up to 30% chicory, which cuts down on the caffeine content.
Cut down on your caffeine intake and/or your expensive drive-thru latte habit with this delicious, satisfying caffeine-free roasted chickory root latte.
- 1 heaping tablespoon Roasted Chicory Root Granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2-3 teaspoons Maple Syrup Granules
1. Brew roasted chicory root granules in boiling water for 3-5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, bring almond milk to a simmer in a small saucepan. Dissolve maple syrup granules in almond milk.
3. Strain chicory root brew into the almond milk. Stir and pour into two 8-ounce cups.